Medical Certificate Programs
The FUHSD Adult School offers three medical certificate programs.
The Certified Nursing Assistant (CNA) program is designed to train students as CNAs, through a blended classroom model. We teach how to provide compassionate and competent patient care along with the technical and professional skills necessary to effectively work as a Nursing Assistant and pass the State of California certification with the Department of Public Health. Our CNA program will help you reach your goal of a successful, rewarding and meaningful career in healthcare.
- CNA is a great entry point to a Medical career. This first step can lead to higher wage credentials such as LVN, RN and BSN.
- This class provides students with the theory behind helping patients along with hands-on experience working in one of our local nursing facilities.
- Nursing jobs are growing at the rate of 15% every year in Santa Clara County (EDD).
- Our CNA Teachers are professionals in the Medical field. One is an RN and the other an LVN with over 10 years of teaching experience.
- Our students have secured employment at Villa Siena, Manor Care and the Forum.
“I received my state exam results in the mail today and I am overjoyed to know that I passed both the written and skill test. I can’t thank you enough for the great experience the staff was amazing. I appreciate all your help and your tips.” - Nov 2020
The Certified Home Health Aide (CHHA) program prepares Certified Nurse Assistants for certification as Home Health Aides by the State of California. These classes will begin again in the spring of 2021.
- The CHHA program will earn you a specialty license that allows you to work with hospice patients.
- The average wage for a CHHA is higher than a CNA.
- Our CHHA Teachers are professionals in the Medical field. One is an RN and the other an LVN with over 10 years of teaching experience.
- Our student pass rate is 100%.
- Our former students are currently employed at Villa Siena and Marianist Center.
The Medical Interpreting program online provides bilingual students with valuable training to enhance accurate communication with patients through all stages of medical care.
- Medical Interpreter and Translator jobs are growing a the rate of 15% in Santa Clara County.
- Offers flexible hours.
- Median wage is $25 per hour.
- Our Teachers are professionals in the Medical field. One is an RN and the other a Pharmacist with over 5 years of teaching experience.
- Those that take the certificate exam have a pass rate of 100%.
- Our former students are currently working at Stanford hospital and independent agencies.
Upon successful completion of all three classes, students are eligible to take the California or National Interpreter Certification exams.
“I took Medical Terminology and Medical Interpreter classes at FUHSD Adult School. After that, I passed the CoreCHI exam on my first try and became a Certified Healthcare Interpreter. I am currently working as a Medical Interpreter/Translator at a children's hospital and several interpreting agencies. Practicing role-play in school prepared me for clinical interpreting encounters.” - Shinobu Christian