Adult Basic Education
The Adult Basic Education (ABE) program supports students to gain the academic knowledge and skills needed to complete a high school diploma, earn a GED, acquire college readiness, or prepare for career and vocational training. The ABE program is appropriate for students who want to:
- Complete a high school diploma
- Earn a GED
- Transition to community college
- Seek employment
- Obtain a better job
For students who place into the ABE program, teachers provide instruction in the following subject areas:
- Reading comprehension
- Academic vocabulary development
- Writing proficiency
- Math competency
- Test-taking strategies
- Study skills
- Workforce readiness
Fall 2023 ABE Schedule (8/21 - 12/21)
|Language Arts Basics||M, W||5:15 - 6:45 PM||Hybrid|
|Math Basics||M, W||5:15 - 6:45 PM|
- All classes are in-person at our main campus at 589 W. Fremont Ave., Sunnyvale unless noted.
- Placement tests are given to all students at orientation to determine each students' placement into either the Basic class or the GED class.
As part of a WIOA Title-II financially-assisted program, ABE is an equal opportunity program: auxiliary aids and services are available upon request for individuals with disabilities.